Believe it or not, we know many people in the Monmouth County area who choose to celebrate Octoberfest as a way to show pride in their German heritage. At Jersey Steamer, we have seen clientele from Neptune to Long Branch ask us for help when it comes to making a home look as good as possible for the upcoming fun. Here are our favorite tips.
- Keep your drapes, upholstery, and carpets steam cleaned at least once this month. This allows you to have a truly clean slate when you’re having guests over. Of course, if you spill some beer on the carpet, Jersey Steamer will also be just a phone call away to help you avoid permanent staining and damage.
- Make sure that your kitchen is ready and prepped for a lot of guests! Every kitchen should have the counters wiped down, and a couple of kegs’ worth of beer for Octoberfest guests to enjoy. Along with a nice selection of bratwurst and beer, it’s important to have a nice centerpiece for your table, as well as non-alcoholic beverages for children and designated drivers.
- If you have the space in your home, having a couple of makeshift beds for those who got a little bit too tipsy is a wise decision. A good host will be prepared for the occasional guest who may not be good to drive home. Should your party get a bit rowdy, or should your guest be a bit too inebriated, an air mattress with a pillow and fresh linens is more than enough to make them feel at home, and help them wake up refreshed.
- Be prepared for throwing out a lot of beer bottles and cans. Stock up on extra garbage bags for your recycling needs. An Octoberfest party often will have a lot of recyclable bottles as a by product of the celebration, and it’s always good to make sure that you have the means to set them out for recycling in as easy and convenient a way as possible.
- If you want to avoid having the home smell like sausages for a long time afterwards, it’s often better to have some potpourri burning while serving the bratwurst outside. This gives your home a smell associated with fall, while also avoiding the dreaded smell of spilled beer and sausages permeating your home.
Great Octoberfest parties start with a clean, happy home! As the season continues to unfold, we at Jersey Steamer wish everyone the best when it comes to their Octoberfest parties, as well as their experiences when choosing the professional steam cleaning company for their party prep. If you’re ready to try the very best that Monmouth County has to offer, call us today for a free consultation. We are always looking to help, and are always willing to offer advice on your carpet, stone, and upholstery care.
Print this page to redeem.