5 Things That Require Professional Cleaning
At Jersey Steamer, we totally understand the love of DIY stain removal many of our Long Branch clients have. Truth be told, many of our crew members find stain removal challenges to be fun. However, as handy as you may be with bleach and detergent, there are definitely some materials that require the skilled (and well-equipped) hand of a professional. Here are the top five materials that you should leave to the professionals.
- Suede – Suede has a tendency of reacting very negatively with the wrong detergent, and when you pair that with its tendency of having stains cling to it, you end up with a material that is extremely difficult for the average person to tackle. It’s important to realize that one cleaning mistake with suede can make that item totally unusable, so don’t risk it!
- Silk – Much like suede, this is a material that is infamous for being delicate. Sadly, we at Jersey Steamer cannot do anything for silk that was ruined due to harsh chemical exposure during a bad cleaning. However, we can and do clean silks professionally. Silk is very expensive, and is a high maintenance material. A professional touch can help ensure that your silk goods will be around for years to come.
- Old Fabrics – If you’re dealing with an antique or a family heirloom, you should take extra care with its cleaning. Unless you have had instructions for cleaning the item handed down from generation to generation, you probably don’t know how to keep it looking good. The older the item, the more likely it is to react poorly to common chemicals used in cleaning today.
- Polypropylene Carpeting – Don’t ask us why, but polypropylene carpeting can be one of the most difficult things to clean…even if you’re a pro! We’ve noticed that these carpets tend to hang onto stains and oils much more aggressively than most other materials, and they also have a tendency to react poorly with the wrong cleaning products. If you had the misfortune of getting an oil-based stain on a polyprop carpet, call a professional. It’s virtually impossible to DIY this carpet cleaning procedure!
- Moldy ANYTHING – If you somehow managed to get mold onto any carpet or upholstery, call a professional. Mold can be a serious health hazard, and it’s not something that you should try to handle yourself. Not only could you wreck your item with the wrong cleaning method by doing a DIY mold cleaning; you could get yourself seriously sick!
Many people want to think that they can handle any stain, work through any mess, and keep everything sparkling clean all on their own. The truth is that every homeowner will occasionally need to call in a professional team to help them keep their home and their belongings looking great. If you need some help with a hard-to-clean item, don’t wait until it looks like a sloppy mess. Give us a call as soon as you can, and Jersey Steamer will be there with the knowledge, tools, and expertise you need!