Jersey Steamer’s Fall Cleanup Tips
Autumn is one of the most common times for Jersey Steamer to get allergy-related cleaning requests. Considering all the mold that can waft onto floors from the leaves outside, it’s totally understandable. Even with the most fastidious behaviors, the average house will track in some allergens during the fall. However, just because you tracked it in doesn’t mean you can’t have a clean house with some effort. Here’s how to make the most of allergy season.
- Give your upholstery a good refreshing, and toss those pillows into the laundry. Upholstery traps pollen and other similar allergens quicker than you think. In fact, many sneezing fits you might have may just be from sitting on a couch that has dust, mold, or pollen on it. A quick professional clean of your couch or loveseat could allay major allergy issues.
- Wipe down your kitchen and bathroom counters. It may surprise you, but with the fall leaves beginning to tumble, a lot of the mold spores that come with them can waft into your kitchens and bathrooms. If you don’t want to have that in your food or near your toothbrush, make sure that you clean your bathroom and kitchen thoroughly.
- If your allergies are really acting up, consider installing an air purifier. Air purifiers work by filtering the air that’s in your home. They are often used in homes where people are hypersensitive to certain molds, pollens, dirt and grime.
- If you have carpets, make sure to give them a professional cleaning. Allergy experts will tell you that you should clean your carpets professionally at least twice a year, but if you have younger children, that minimum should be around four times a year. The fact is that our carpets are what capture all the grit and grime that we track in from outside. Carpet fibers also naturally make a home for dust and other bad stuff, simply because it’s harder to fully clean carpeting than it is for someone to simply vacuum wood floors. If you are noticing a particularly bad uptick in your allergies, try to get your carpets professionally cleaned.
- In order to keep more outdoor grime from entering your home, take off your shoes immediately upon entering the house. Shoes are the most common culprits of tracking in dirt, grime, and moldy leaves. If you want to avoid having to put in extra effort in cleaning, your best bet is to keep your shoes near the door. It might not fully curb all the outdoors from coming in, but it will make a serious change.
Jersey Steamer regularly gets calls for help when it comes to fall allergies, and there’s no shame in asking for a little help once in a while. Whether you’re suffering from sneezing in Deal, or just coughing up a storm in Long Branch, we’ll be there to help out. After all, our family-owned business has been serving the Monmouth and Ocean counties for decades – and we’ll always have the tools, skill, and knowledge to make it work.