It’s hard to imagine that September is just around the corner, but it’s true. And, come September, everyone in New Jersey knows that it’s time for kids to go back to school. As we see summer come to a close, it’s time for kids to get reintroduced to their best friends – often in the form of a “back to school” party thrown by parents. If you’re the popular party house of the neighborhood, you know what that means!
That’s right, it’s time to make your home presentable for kids and fellow parents in the neighborhood.
Make sure you complete this checklist
- Get your upholstery and carpeting professionally cleaned. Pollen levels are still high, and if you haven’t professionally cleaned your upholstery and carpeting, you have an entire summer’s worth of pollen on them. Many kids these days have strong pollen allergies, so make sure to get your home as allergen-free as possible for their sakes!
- Mop your floors and give your grout a thorough cleaning. You never know what kids will do on tile! If they get a bit crazy, as kids are apt to do, you can at least rest assured that they are getting crazy on a clean floor. And, a clean floor looks better, too.
- Clean your bathroom. You don’t want other moms to wrinkle their nose at a messy tub or toilet, do you? A clean bathroom is not only nice for your family to have on a daily basis, but also can make or break a first impression.
- Have a nice little menu of healthy (and maybe not so healthy) snacks readily available. Kids who don’t get fed when they want food have a tendency of getting grouchy, which is an instant party killer. Besides, who doesn’t love a party that’s stocked with yummy food?
- Have some sort of entertainment available for your kid and his guests. A party without entertainment means that those kids will likely make their own fun…and that can get really messy, really quick. If you want to avoid a major mess, choose non-messy games and distractions for those kids.
- Make sure to have a little something for the moms, too. Most parties for kids, especially younger tots, will have moms present as chaperones. Those moms can make small talk, but it’s often best to make sure there’s something interesting or entertaining for the moms to enjoy as well. Even something as simple as a bottle of wine can be enough to get moms feeling a little more relaxed and a teensy bit more party-friendly.
School days are coming up fast, which means that “back to school” parties are going to start happening more and more frequently. If you want to make your home look great for your guests, you’re going to need to book your cleaning as soon as possible. When you want to make your home look amazing, give Jersey Steamer in Highlands NJ a call. We’re always here to help.