Jersey Steamer has helped tons of homes throughout Monmouth and Ocean counties gear up for big holiday parties. The funny thing about party preparing is that it’s all in the details, and sometimes, those details are easily missed. If you’re cleaning up for a nice dinner party, or just making sure things are pristine for a book club meetup, this quick guide will make sure that you will have one of the nicest homes in town.
- First things first, de-clutter the rooms that are going to have guests. Not all rooms will have guests come by in them. The rooms that will be seen by guests are the ones you need to worry about. So, go ahead, and clean up the knickknacks and tchotchkes, and place them in storage for a bit. After that, dust the shelves that collected dust.
- Give your windows a wipedown. It’s a quick, easy way to make your entire home look just a little bit brighter!
- Get your sofa upholstery and drapes cleaned. In particular, one of the easiest “tells” of a home that isn’t always taken care of are dirty drapes. Drapes seem to attract dust like honey attracts flies. That dust, especially if the home is that of a smoker, tends to discolor drapes. This is doubly true if the drapes in question are cream, white, or grey-hued. Trust us when we say that getting your drapes professionally cleaned will seriously impact your home’s overall look.
- Clean rugs and carpets. Just like with drapes, rugs and carpets need some love too. They also tend to attract negative attention if they’re dirty, which means that it’s in your best interest to make sure they’re clean before guests arrive.
- Gather up some cool decorations. The funny thing about parties is that you never really need too much décor in order to impress guests. Just a couple of festive garlands, centerpieces, or ambient lights is enough to please most partygoers in a pinch.
- Be prepared to have an area that kids can play in. If your party will have little ones around, then you are going to have to make sure that there’s a designated kid-safe area. Otherwise, there may be a chance that your friends’ kids may end up hurt, or that they will end up breaking something that’s a bit too fragile to keep around at home.
- CLEAN THE BATHROOM. At any party, there will be at least one person who will need to use the bathroom. The last thing they want to do is use a bathroom that looks like it hasn’t been washed in years. A quick toilet scrub and tile cleaning is all that needs to be done in most cases.
If you need help with cleaning your drapes, your carpets, or really, almost anything in your home, give Jersey Steamer a call. We have decades of experience, and all the knowledge and tools necessary to make your home spotless right before the big day. Call us now!