Jersey Steamer knows how hard moms work to keep a clean house, and how difficult that battle can be when their child is on a school sports team. With school right around the corner, we can’t help but want to offer advice for our local Monmouth and Ocean county families that are dealing with the mess that school sports can cause. Without further ado, here are our top tips for mothers and fathers of kids who play sports.
- Get them to change out of their cleats as soon as they get off the field. When they aren’t wearing their cleats, make sure that they are contained in a plastic bag inside their duffel bag. This will prevent them from tracking mud on the carpet.
- If your kids still managed to make a post-game mess, get the carpet or upholstery professionally cleaned as soon as possible. The worst possible mistake that you can do with any carpet, upholstery, or high quality fabric is to let a stain “sink in.” Speaking as professional cleaners, if a massive stain happens, then you need to get it out as soon as possible. Otherwise, it may not be removable.
- Create a routine of cleanup when younger kids get home after practice. Get them to take off their shoes (if they aren’t already in a duffle bag), to put their soiled clothing in a laundry hamper, and then to take a bath or shower after each game. This gives them the chance to unwind after a tough game, and also helps teach them the routine of cleanliness.
- Make sure your kids hit the locker rooms. If your kids are old enough to be assigned to locker rooms, make sure they use them before they come home.
- Discuss laundry tips with fellow parents or soccer coaches. If you are brand new at the issue of cleaning grass stains out of nylon uniforms, you might want to ask a fellow mom for advice. Sometimes, they can offer great tips you never heard of before!
- When the team celebrates a victory at your house, make it a backyard bonfire. This way, you won’t have to deal with dirty carpets, stained upholstery, a messy kitchen, or even a disheveled-looking basement after the party is over. Since fall is the ultimate time for a good bonfire, this is one of the easiest parties to throw!
During the school season, it’s hard to deal with a lot of the burdens of being a parent to a sports player. However, we all know how worth it the work really is, and that’s why we at Jersey Steamer are proud of each sporty family out there. Since we also know how hard keeping that sports schedule can be, we are also happy to say that we make a special effort to work around your schedule. If you need a quick cleaning, give us a call today – we’ll be able to help!