The 4th of July is one of the biggest holiday s for a family barbeque to take place, and it’s also one of the best times to hang out in nature while watching an amazing lightshow in the sky. During this time, most families are not thinking about the mess that they’ll make while munching on their favorite platters.
They don’t think about the potential stains from ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauces or baked beans that can splatter on tile and carpeting. Yet, if you hold a major 4th of July party, the chances of someone dropping their plate, spilling a drink, or accidentally having a smudge of food drop during a particularly enthusiastic bite are very high. If you’re ready to put together a Independence Day BBQ with your family, do your best to avoid having these foods anywhere near your carpeting or upholstery.
- Red Wine – This is just a royal pain to get out of certain kinds of fabric, and it’s one of the easiest things to spill.
- Ketchup – For reasons beyond anyone’s understanding, this condiment seems to be magically attracted to expensive upholstery, light colored carpeting, and other materials that tend to absorb ketchup and stain easily. Perhaps it’s because it’s easier to spot a ketchup stain than a mustard stain, but we’ve noticed ketchup stains being a frequent summertime complaint we’ve received.
- Mustard – Mustard is just as difficult as ketchup to remove from carpeting, and also has the added problem of mustard seeds damaging carpet fibers if someone tries to “rub out” the stain. Yikes!
- Barbeque Sauce – This is one of the more difficult foods to remove from fabric and carpeting, primarily because it often combines vinegar, salt, and fats to create a richer flavor. The problem with this, in terms of cleaning, is that it means that traditional home cleaning methods will prove to be terrible. It also means that cleaning detergents also will likely backfire.
- Chocolate Ice Cream – If you’re going to have a dessert, make sure to keep it away from your carpeting and other delicate home fabrics. Chocolate stains often take a professional touch to remove.
While you can prevent stains from happening by ushering guests out into your patio or back yard, stains still will happen from time to time. No one is perfect, and accidents will happen. When accidents happen, it’s time to call a reliable crew of cleaning experts to take care of that mess. Jersey Steamer Cleaning Services has been the family-owned company Ocean Twp. locals have been relying on to take care of stains for years, and for good reason.
When you have the tools, the knowledge, the experience and the integrity of Jersey Steamer working to keep your home clean, you have that extra sense of security that comes with knowing that your home will be spotless once we’re done working. We’ve seen it all and cleaned it all, an d we are always there to offer advice if you need it. Call us for a consultation today!