Halloween is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, non-religious party holidays in the US. This means that most families in the Central New Jersey region will want to either attend a party thrown by friends, or have a party of their own. If you’re in the latter category, then by all means, you’re going to need to prepare. So, how do you prep for the ultimate Halloween party? We at Jersey Steamer have been helping out with holiday fun for quite some time.
Here are our best tips!
- Before any party, always get your home professionally cleaned. We suggest steam cleaning your carpets, tile, upholstery, and also getting a cleaning service that can tidy up your space a bit, too. A clean house is more inviting, more relaxing, and generally a better place to play host.
- Pumpkin spice is a must! The smell of pumpkin spice is just what people love about September, October, and November. It’s the smell of autumn for most of us, and it always manages to be somehow soothing. If you have a pumpkin spice candle, light it up. If you simply have pumpkin spice-scented spray, spritz it in your home. It’s pumpkin spice season!
- Have food and drinks ready. If it’s a children’s party, opt for fun yet spooky looking treats. If it’s an adult’s party, then chips and other similar mature offerings are just as good. Obviously, if adults are present at the party, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks should be served. Food and drink often makes the party.
- Get the right decorations up, and have entertainment ready. A Halloween party simply is not a party without cool décor. Even if it’s something as simple as having black light and a smoke machine, a good party will have some kind of awesome October styling to it. In fact, it’s also a good idea to decorate the party house’s exterior before the big day. That way, people will be able to find your house with ease.
- When you’re throwing the party, keep an eye out for spills. Halloween parties are known for thrills and chills, as well as the occasional spill. If you do notice that your guest has spilled punch/chocolate/wine on your carpeting, don’t panic. Do, however, make a mental note to call a professional cleaning company as soon as possible, and work to ameliorate the damage as well as you can. The longer the stain sets in, the more likely it is to stay there, even with professional help.
A large part of getting your home party-ready is cleanliness, and just getting the ambiance right, and smart hosts already know this. That’s why we at Jersey Steamer put in extra effort to make sure that we have enough team members ready to handle calls around this time of the year. If you’re preparing for a party, don’t forget to make sure your guests come to a sparkling clean home.
Call us today!
Jersey Steamer Cleaning Services LLC
New Jersey #1 Rated Family Owned Carpet Cleaning Company
(732) 775-2503 or (609) 888-1700